Regular Tennis Balls bounce too high and too fast for kids and beginners. Low compression transition balls bounce lower, compress more, and are lighter than a regular tennis ball. This enables the game of tennis to be slowed down and therefore allows players to focus on technique. A beginning player can take a full swing at waist height, and the ball stays in the court. With a regular tennis ball, that same player with the same stroke would be hitting a ball over their head, with a short stroke, and the ball would fly to the back fence. By promoting these advanced techniques, players learn correct technique earlier and faster. Low Compression balls have 3 stages – 75% reduced compression Stage 3 Red Balls, 50% reduced compression Stage 2 Orange Dot balls, and 25% reduced compression Stage 1 Green Dot Balls. The desired compression and stage of ball is dependent on age, size of court, and skill level.
- Tourna Stage 2, 50% reduced bounce tennis balls are made to bounce lower and fly slower than a standard tennis ball.
- Low compression training balls help beginning players learn tennis at an early age by promoting long, full strokes, and with a height appropriate bounce.
- Enables players to achieve longer rallies and practice more advanced techniques because of the low compression, helping them to transition to full court tennis more successfully.
- Made for competitive play on 60-foot blue lined courts.
- Meets USTA/ITF Stage 2 Youth Tennis specifications.
- Includes 50 Orange Dot balls in a convenienty carry vinyl tote bag with carry handle and zipper closure