WHY “ELBERT MOUNTAIN” OVER THE COMPETITION?
We live at 5,280 feet above sea level in the mile-high city of Denver Colorado and have played on USTA leagues for many years. We know that the United States Tennis Association requires high altitude tennis balls for all matches and recommends playing with them while practicing so you stay consistent.
We have personally bought “High Altitude” Tennis Balls online before, only to receive low altitude, regular altitude balls. This is extremely frustrating, especially when you have a match the next day.
HIGH ALTITUDE…REALLY, DO I NEED THESE?
If you live above 3000 feet or 914 meters, yes you do! Not only are they required by the USTA but they are pressurized differently and therefore bounce much differently. Imagine a bag of potato chips that you bought in Kansas and then drove to Colorado without opening. It looks like a blown-up balloon that is about to burst. The same holds true for tennis balls being played at altitude that should be used at sea level.
- 🎾 HIGH ALTITUDE – Tennis balls manufactured for surfaces over 3,000 feet or 914 meters in elevation. Deep-elastic seams for reduced cracking.
- 🎾 EXTRA DUTY – Designed for hard courts with unbeatable performance, unmatched consistency and premium woven felt, all add up to a better experience for you. That’s why Penn Championship Tennis Balls are the official ball of USTA leagues.
- 🎾 LONGER PLAY – Play like a tennis pro with the Penn Championship High Altitude Head Tennis Balls. These balls are used by novices and seasoned professionals alike. A good bounce and sturdy but lightweight material allow for big hits and fast movement. Recommended for ages 5 and up.
- 🎾 TENNIS BALL FEATURES – Natural rubber construction for consistent feel and reduced shock with interlocked wool fiber for longer wear. Controlled fiber release for consistent nap.
- 🎾 BRIGHT YELLOW – Design promises easy visibility on indoor or outdoor courts. The bright yellow hue is easy to spot at fast speeds and at large courts.